Monday, January 20, 2014

Genetics for Non-Geneticists

As a rather late New Year's Resolution, and as an effort to improve my popular science writing, I've decided to start writing about genetics for non-geneticists.  And the resolution bit of it is that I'm going to try to put up a new blog post every Monday.

I know from talking to friends and family that there's a large body of people out there who think genetics is really interesting, but have no (or very little) formal training in it.  This blog is for those people.  Sometimes I'll write primers for a specific genetics topic and sometimes I'll write about genetics in the news or pop-culture.  But the aim throughout it is to try and make it accessible to non-geneticists.  So if you read a post and it goes above your head, call me out on it and I'll try and do better.

Wish me luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment